Helping Accident Victims Seek Compensation and Justice
Under personal injury laws, if you’re the victim of an accident caused by someone else, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the at-fault party. However, pursuing just financial recovery isn’t straightforward. A lot of nuances can complicate things. You must evaluate your case and consider all variables that could affect the value. Additionally, you must develop a compelling legal strategy backed by evidence and present it to the responsible party’s insurance company. From there, negotiations begin, which involve receiving an offer (if any) from the insurance carrier and accepting or rejecting it in pursuit of fair compensation. If negotiations aren’t successful, you must take your case to court. These tasks can be overwhelming on your own. Fortunately, you don’t have to take care of them yourself. A lawyer can help at each stage.
At Morris, Andrews, Talmadge & Driggers, LLC (MATD), our Selma personal injury attorneys are compassionate advocates for our clients. When we take on a case, we leverage our skills and talents to seek justice on their behalf. We handle the legalities, allowing our clients to focus on their health and recovery. Every step of the way, we stand by our clients, providing guidance and answering questions and concerns honestly. We are experienced negotiators and skilled litigators and have achieved favorable results inside and outside the courtroom, including one of the highest jury verdicts in the state’s history – $21 million.
Legal Representation for Personal Injury Cases
Recovering compensation for damages resulting from an accident caused by someone else gives you the resources you need to get treatment for your injuries and other harm you suffered. The purpose is to restore you to your condition (or as close to it as possible) before your accident.
Still, getting the financial recovery you deserve can be difficult without the help of a lawyer. You might not be familiar with the intricacies of the claim or lawsuit process, and a misstep could hurt your case. An attorney with experience handling these matters can explain and manage the details of each stage and competently guide you through them. When choosing legal representation for your case, it’s essential that you hire someone who has taken on matters similar to yours. This experience allows them to provide insights and guidance that could benefit your case.
Examples of the matters our Selma personal injury attorneys assist with include, but are not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- General negligence
- Insurance bad faith
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Slip and falls
- Truck Accidents
Seeking Fair Compensation and Justice
Unfortunately, although your personal injury case might seem straightforward, the other side’s insurance company might not think so. Thus, as the person filing a claim or lawsuit, you must prove that the other person was at fault because of their recklessness or negligence.
Generally, this requires you to show that:
- The other person owed you a duty of care,
- They breach their duty,
- Their breach caused an accident, and
- You suffered damages because of the accident.
It’s not enough to simply state this information in your claim. You must back up your arguments with evidence. Therefore, it is crucial after your accident to take steps to preserve materials pertinent to your case.
Some of the things you can do include:
- Getting medical attention: See your doctor right away. Even if you don’t believe you were hurt, having a physician do a checkup can uncover any injuries you might not be aware of.
- Taking photos and videos of the accident scene: If you can, get images immediately after your accident to give a picture of the conditions. If you can’t get them on your own because of your injuries, have a friend or family member capture them for you.
- Obtaining contact information: Get the name and phone number of the person who caused your accident. Additionally, ask witnesses for their contact information so they may be called upon to provide their account of what happened.
- Documenting your injuries: Take photos of the harm you suffered due to the accident.
- Recording your version of events: As soon as possible after your accident, note what occurred. This ensures that you have an account of the incident while it’s still fresh in your mind.
Contact an Attorney
Taking care of the details of your case can be challenging when you are trying to recover. MATD can relieve you of this burden, handling the legalities for you.